Beginning with 9.0.1 FP8, fix packs have been renamed to feature packs. To ensure quality, these feature packs still have a high focus on addressing high impacting defects. Where possible, these features are optional enabled to minimize risk. The same packaging, architecture and install kits used in previous fix packs remain in use for feature packs.
The IBM Notes Domino Preliminary Fix List for Feature Pack 8 can be found here.
- NBP replaced with ICAA - There is no NBP (Notes Browser Plugin) shipped with 9.0.1 FP8. This has been replaced with ICAA (IBM Client Application Access). For more information, see IBM Client Application Access V1.0.1 documentation
- Notes Client on Linux - There is no Notes client for Linux shipped with 9.0.1 FP8. This client platform has been discontinued and customers are encouraged to move to Windows or Mac.
- Domino Server on Linux32 and AIX32 - There is no Domino Server for Linux32 and AIX32 shipped with 9.0.1 FP8. This server platform has been discontinued and customers are encouraged to move to the 64-bit platforms. Windows 32 bit remains a shipped and support platform.
- Windows Server 2016 Support - (SPR #SVROAEPS4R)
New Features in IBM Domino 9.0.1 Social Edition Feature Pack 8
The documentation in Knowledgebase will be updated with these new features to coincide with the ship date of 9.0.1 FP8
Optionally Move Views outside of NSF for Increased data store in NSF
This feature is useful for large databases and provides the following benefits:
A smaller database file size, to avoid reaching the 64GB limitation.
Faster database backup and restore.
Better performance by allowing concurrent access to database and views.
Java Upgrade to 1.8.
The Java run time environment provided with Domino has been upgraded to Java JRE version 1.8 to provide you with access to the latest features.
Optionally Increase Document Summary Data (SPR #AKNX64TLRS APARID: LO04193)
You can increase the document summary data limit on Notes 9 databases to 16MB from 64K. (The size limit for a single field remains 32 K.)
Add support for ADFS 3.0 and update the corresponding Cookbook instructions for configuration.
Optionally Add Show Options: "Group By Date" And "Beginning Of Message", To Desktop Policy Settings (SPR #JSTN98BP3T APARID: LO75595)
Administrators can add the notes.ini setting EnableGroupByDate=1 on mail servers to enable the Show > Group By Date option in all mail files.
Optionally Retain MIME formatting when forwarding or replying to internet messages
A notes.ini setting is now available for Notes Standard clients to retain MIME message formatting when users reply to or forward messages received from the internet. Without this setting, MIME messages are converted to Notes Rich Text which can cause some MIME formatting to be lost.
Optionally Enable displaying internet addresses in mail and calendar documents
You can enable internet addresses rather than Notes addresses to display in the Notes client mail and calendar. For example, display firstname.lastname@example.org rather than Samantha Daryn/Renovations@Renovations. To enable this feature, add the following setting to the notes.ini file on a Notes client $INETADDRESSFIXUP=1
9.0.1 Feature Pack 8 Preliminary Fix List descriptions
- CSYL9VBRVE (LO84524) - Fix an issue where calendar updates do not update the notes invitee's calendar If autoprocessing is enabled.
- GMAA7YUHGZ (LO47397) - Allow users the option to disable password history.
- +KGEW7QNV85 (LO39186) - Fixed a problem where Notes is unable to send an internet email message if the address is enclosed in single-quotes. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1.
- BBSZAB5DFH (LO89375) - Fix an issue where a vaulted NSL user is not able to get new keys when public key checking is enabled.
- +KBRNAEMPX2 (LO90491) - Fix a threading mismatch issue resulting in problems with cluster replication on Linux64/zLinux64 systems. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP7.
- MJBC9EBVCN (LO78311) - Fix an issue where new documents are lost when compact -REPLICA is running in a mail database.
- ALSR8ZZR5J (LO72622) - Fix an LDAP search authentication issue with special characters.
- MJTMA8J3MU (LO88473) - Fix a server crash issue.
- +MKIN9Z6S5D (LO89583) - Fix an intermittent database issue preventing users from opening a database resulting in the following error "This database is currently in use by another person or process, and cannot be accessed at this time". This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP7.
- ARBQ9Q5HR9 (LO82463) - Fix an issue where messages sent from clients to external recipients will move addresses from the CC field to the TO field on replies.
- ADONADJUDF (LO90147) - Fix an issue with the dialog prompting "How Do You Want To Open This File?" when opening a jpg or bmp file.
- JGRN84PJJF (LO45099) - Fix intermittent client crashes using the Notes Client together with OLE apps.
- GFAL9V7UQ2 (LO84501) - Fix the error "Your Public Key Does Not Match The One Stored In The Address Book" when the user's person document has been updated with their new public key but not the local/vaulted ID file.
- PEDSA7QK9P (LO87584) - Fix an issue where the Notes Client SSO connection expires after the user's IBM notes client is left inactive for some time.
- AYAVACYBSJ (LO90045) - Fix an issue where an XML attachment is rendering as part of the message body.
- +RGAUADUM59 (LO90248) - Fix duplicate attachment icons when using LS embedobject to attach files to a notesrichtextitem. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP7.
- XNTCADK4VX (LO90168) - iNotes: Fix issue in Chrome 53 causing no response after clicking any item in Show menu.
- +MBLTADSK8M (LO90227) - Fix a problem resulting in "formula error" and failure to log on to iNotes if the server locale is non-English, e.g. German. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP7.
- +KRAUADZLLH (LO90288) - Fix the ActiveX control pop-up when the file attachment utility is disabled. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP7.
- VTMHAH8Q8P (LO091213): Meetings created in iNotes using OS timezone Brasilia are off by 2 hours