On December 20 IBM has published theIBM Note Domino 9.0.1 Feature Pack 10 Preliminary Release Notice. There are no new XPages Features.
Beginning with 9.0.1 FP8, fix packs have been renamed to feature packs. To ensure quality, these feature packs still have a high focus on addressing high impacting defects. Where possible, these features are optionally enabled to minimize risk. The same packaging, architecture and install kits used in previous fix packs remain in use for feature packs.
IBM has identified important Notes®/Domino® SPR's to be fixed in the latest Feature Pack release, 9.0.1 Feature Pack 10. This notice serves as the Preliminary Fix List. All fixes in this Feature Pack have been selected through our Triage process of high impacting customer requested bug fixes and are currently undergoing testing. IBM reserves the right to remove any fix from this targeted release if it does not pass quality engineering tests. Please consider this information to be provisional. Do not base irreversible business decisions on this information until the Feature Pack has been officially released.
Notes Domino 9.0.1 Feature Pack 10 includes new features that benefit our customers. Some of these features have been in development for years and we are excited to make them available.
The JVM was upgraded to Java 1.8 SR4 FP10 (with tzdata17c) (SPR #HYUEAQ2JUQ).
Notes/Domino - Java 1.8 SR4 FP10 (with tzdata17b).
For information on NBP (Notes Browser Plugin), Notes Client on Linux, or Domino Server on Linux32 and AIX32, please refer to the 9.0.1 FP8 release notice.
Templates – There are no template updates for FP10; use templates from FP9.
Pre-Req for Traveler Server: If are upgrading the version of Domino to 9.0.1 FP10 on your Traveler serve, for server compatibility use Traveler 126.96.36.199 or higher.
New Features in IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Social Edition Feature Pack 10
The documentation in Knowledgebase will be updated with these new features to coincide with the ship date of 9.0.1 FP10
1. The JVM in Designer is Upgraded to use 1.8 at compile time
With this new upgrade, you can launch Designer client and leverage Java 1.8 compile time features in building applications. For full compatibility, apps compiled in FP10 should be deployed on Notes or Domino FP10 and higher. Java apps may run on Notes/Domino 9.0.1 FP8 and higher as that release upgrade to Java 1.8 runtime. However, Application best practice is to compile with the lowest common denominator to the client/server version deployed.
2. Eclipse Platform Upgraded to 4.6.2
The 9.0.1 FP10 platform is upgraded from Eclipse 3.4.2 to Eclipse 4.6.2. This includes SWT, OSGi, Jface and other re-lated Eclipse plugins. Notes, Designer, Embedded Sametime, and Connections Plugins now leverage Eclipse 4.6.2. The Domino server uses the OSGi bundles from Eclipse 4.6.2 for servlet and XPages access.
3. Embedded Sametime Upgraded To 901 By Default
The default version of the Embedded Sametime in the Notes Client has been upgraded to the 9.0.1 version by default, which eliminates the need for an add-on installer for Sametime.
4. The GSKit libraries are upgraded to Version 188.8.131.52 for both client & server.
GSKit is used for FIPs support, AES , 1024+ RSA, and Diffie-Hellman.
5. Japanese User Interface Update
An optional Japanese User Interface update includes fixes for high-impact localization defects. The 'IBM Notes Client 9.0.1 FP10 Japanese User Interface Update' requires 9.0.1 Japanese Client/Japanese MUI + FP10.
6. Add-on Installer for Notes CCM (Connections Content Manager)
An add-on installer for Notes CCM eliminates the need for special hotfixes but does require 9.0.1 FP10. This optional add-on allows a Notes client to show Libraries from CCM for use with email and calendar.
Note: The Notes CCM now supports the Dutch language in addition to previously supported languages For more details on CCM
9.0.1 Feature Pack 10 Preliminary Fix List descriptions
- +YNABANLSUB - Fixed an error 4399 "Value is out of range" when running DeleteUser LotusScript. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP7
- LRHG9T78WW (LO83614) - Fixed an HTTP crash in memory allocation when Sametime calls into Domino
- MSKAAPEQ7M (LO92705) - Fixed a server crash during ID vault processing
- PKIM9XSUTU (LO89753) - Fixed an issue where an SSL certificate validation does not allow partial chains
- CRPOA64RNM (LO87648) - Fix an issue where Domino doclinks no longer convert to a usable format for iOS
- JAQOAKRTUM (LO91921) - Fixed a Domino Server crash when processing user certificates in the Domino Directory
- +JCARAQSJB6 (LO92949) - Fixed an SMTP issue which can cause malformed headers & prevent Internet mail delivery. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP9
- MKIN9Z6UZ2 (LO90767) - Fixed an issue in the web server when processing graphic records
- +PMGYAMDCQX (LO92318) - Fixed a Server crash due to a nullhandle of a note. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP9
- RMAA9ENABR (LO78449) - Fixed a Domino Server crash on the Dircat task
- TSUAANL4QT (LO92599) - Fixed the error "Value is out of range" in the NotesAdministrationProcess #DeleteUser
- +YNABANLSUB (LO92582) - Fixed the error 4399 "Value Is Out Of Range" When Running Deleteuser Lotusscript. This was a regression introduced in 901FP8.
- ASHHABSBHK (LO89599) - Fixed an issue where running Dbmt on an NSF file, intermittently leaves the ORIG file.
- IISA9QEEAH (LO82584) - Fixed a Domino Server crash due to deadlock in the unread code
- +TPON9N3EYE (LO81657) - Fixed an issue that resulted in a message being sent that dropped the 'body' content, resulting in a messaging being sent with only the disclaimer. This would occur with disclaimers enabled and a returnreceipt field set to 0. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1.
- LCAYAC7JU4 (LO89729) - Fixed an issue where delivery failure notifications are going dead in the mail.box rather than transferring to O365. Notes.ini parameter POSTMASTER_WITH_BRACKETS=1 needs to be added to enable the fix.
- SLAEAGNLBF (LO91113) - Fixed an issue where autoprocessing of update notices took a long time. With this fix, if the buffer used for autoprocessing is maxed out on a server, auto-processing will stop and defer then work to the client. This fix is on by default but can be disabled by setting CSDisableSummaryCacheAutoStop=1
- WHAM9KRHHH (LO80695) - Introduced a new dcontroller.ini (ControllerLogLocation) to control the log path for Domino QoS
- +ACVR9HHS55 (LO79672) - Fixed a Notes Client crash when sending mail to groups from recent contacts.This was a regression introduced in 8.5.3 and 9.0
- YGAOAFXLAK (LO90918) - Fixed a Notes Client crashes when processing Cross Domain admin requests
- ANIAAKYCNY (LO91979) - Fixed the Sametime Awareness icon to display for recipients' alternate name in a Memo
- RUYAAM2QGC (LO92259) - Fixed an issue with meetings in summary view showing under wrong date, for federated calendar entries created in a different timezone
- CSAOAKF4XX (LO91821) - Fixed a Notes Client startup performance issue caused by Smart Upgrade initialization in a VMWare VDI
- JVEKAPMFWR (LO92748 ) - Fixed an issue where mail with Japanese characters are not shown properly on a PC with Chinese regional settings
- +JVEKAQ5JAL (LO92827) - Fixed a roaming user issue that results in an empty "At Location" field when a user roams to another computer. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP7
- +JVEKAQSGCC (LO92948) - Fixed an issue with shared, private on first use folder not working as expected in 9.0.1 FP9. Folder can not be viewed in the Designer. This is a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP9.
- +JVEKARBEP2 (LO93058 ) - Fixed an issue where the contents are not displayed after editing if a Richtext field contains an image and "Store contents as HTML and MIME" is enabled. This is a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP9.
- NDDC9J2LG5: (LO79942) - Fixed an issue where the URL in a forwarded email created using Win8.1 Tablet opens in the embedded browser and not the default OS browser
- RREN9P9KWR (LO82098) - Fixed an issue where folders will not be expanded when the database is re-opened
- +JVEKAR7J8F (LO93043 ) - Fixed an issue where public email groups do not expand. This is a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP8
- XLXZAFZCP2 (LO90940) - Fixed an issue where mails are displayed as unread in Notes after reading the mails on an IMAP client
- +YGAOALLM2D (LO92139) - Fixed an issue where users are unable to send encrypted mail. This is a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP8.
- JVEKAPWDR8 (LO92793 ) - Fixed an issue in iNotes when forwarding an email from Google Chrome a lot of white space is added between the new and the forwarded document
- +KRAUANKM6K (LO92572) - Fixed an iNotes issue where users are unable to attach two or more files using the Send Function. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP7
- SDOY9LFER6 (LO81030) - Fix an iNotes issue that fails to open attachment on forwarding or replying message on IE with iNoes ActiveX file attachment utility
- TITH9GEC9K (LO79111) - Fix an issue where a mail meeting invitation does not have the day in the subject
- THIO9KW2FH (LO80689) - To Do From Japanese Notes does not contain the correct Japanese date format characters
- SKAI9UW3JX - Fix an issue where the 'IDEXTRAFILENAME' parameter does not work in the Japanese Notes Client
- THIO9L22J3 (LO80781) - Fix an issue where the date formats in the subject of Meeting invitations and Group To Do's are SBCS instead of DBCS
- TSUA8RA5JW - Fixed an issue where the property box of database is truncated in the Japanese Client
- CKUAAHB8PN (LO91232) - Fix an issue where it takes long time to open a DJX address list
For more information: IBM Notes Domino 9.0.1 Feature Pack 10 Preliminary Release Notice