Scheduled messages are supported for Notes client users with mail files that are upgraded to he Notes 10 Mail Template (mail10.ntf). The feature is not supported for IBM iNotes, , IBM Verse or IBM Traveler clients.
Note: Domino Servers running earlier releases do not recognize scheduled message requests and route the messages immediately. Before enabling scheduled mail for users make sure that any Mail Servers that handle the users scheduled messages runs Domino 10.
Enabling scheduled mail on Notes clients
For enabling scheduled mail on Notes clients use a Mail Settings document assigned to a policy in the Domino directory. The Domino Directory must be upgraded to the Domino 10 pubnames.ntf design. The Notes user mail file must be upgraded to the Notes 10 mail template (mail10.ntf).
- Open the Domino Directory
- Select Configuration - Policies - Settings
- Select the Mail Settings document and select Edit Settings.
- Select Mail - Basics.
- In the Delivery Options section select Yes in the field Allow users to schedule when messages are delivered
- Select Save & Close.
- Assign the Mail Settings to a Policy.
- Depeding on the adminP setting it can take up to 12 hours for the feature to take effect on Notes clients. To push the update to clients immediately enter the following command from the serve console: tell adminp p mailpolicy
After the Mail Policy is deployed the delivery option 'Delay delivery until' is available for the users in which a date and time can be selected on which the mail must be sent.
In my next blog post I will describe how to manange scheduled mail in mail.box on the Domino Server.